Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Dr. Seuss - I Can Sleep With My Eyes Shut Mask

        paint eyes on seuss mask


 I Can Sleep With My Eyes Shut is one of the great books that Dr. Seuss created. We all act a little silly with our kids from time to time even when they start getting older, so I tried to read with my eyes closed and my kids thought it was hilarious. I also made this craft for them so they could have a little bit of fun too!

What you'll need:

  • White Felt
  • Black Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Black Paint and Paintbrush
  • Glue
Directions:
  • Start by cutting out your sleep mask shape. You can use an existing sleep mask as a template, or just fold your felt in half and cut. You’ll need two pieces of felt cut the same size.
  • Using a page from the book as your guide, paint on the squinted eyes. It doesn’t have to be perfect, Dr. Seuss illustrations don’t have many straight, perfect, or even lines… which makes it great for doing free-hand!
  • Then paint on the eyebrows. Or, well, unibrow, I suppose. A nice big, broken, squiggly line across the top.
  • Glue all the way around the edge of the bottom piece of felt, tuck in the ends of the ribbon, and press the top felt down on top. Allow to dry, and you’re all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts!

Dr. Seuss - Red Foot, Blue Foot

                                   In this craft we are going to create our own foot book. It is an exciting craft for little ones! What you...