Tuesday, December 8, 2020

No Sew Flannel Christmas Blanket


How to make a DIY Flannel No Sew Blanket with Heat Transfer Vinyl


Materials:

  • 2 yards of flannel printed fabric
  • Heat Transfer Vinyl
  • Cricut Machine
  • Seam Ripper
  1. Trim your fabric to the desired size. I love fabric with lines because it makes it so easy to cut straight! You want to make sure all the sides are straight and be sure to cut the selvage. DIY Flannel No Sew Blanket with Heat Transfer Vinyl
  2. Start pulling threads! I started in one corner and used the seam ripper to separate the first thread then gently started pulling it out. I found it you pull horizontally (instead of away from the fabric) it will actually pull  out entirely from the other end! This worked best on the shorter ends of my fabric.How to make a DIY Flannel No Sew Blanket with Heat Transfer Vinyl-5How to make a DIY Flannel No Sew Blanket with Heat Transfer Vinyl
  3. Keep going! This part isn’t difficult, but it does take some time. It took me about an hour to go all the way around. I made my fringe about 3/4 of an inch. You’ll be left with a LOT of strings!
  4. Once your blanket is done, head over to Design Space! You can use this file to create the “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” blanket quickly and easily – or make your own! Design space is full of ready to cut projects that will get you in the holiday mood! I cut my design on the Cricut Explore Air 2. This machine seriously upped my craft game! Be sure to mirror your design before sending to the machine and put your heat transfer vinyl shiny side down on your mat.How to make a DIY Flannel No Sew Blanket with Heat Transfer Vinyl
  5. After you’ve cut and weeded your design, the last step is to add your HTV design to your flannel no sew blanket. I added mine with an iron and if that’s what you have too – it works just fine! I did add the Cricut Easy Press to my Christmas wish list though! Follow the instructions on your vinyl to figure out how long to apply the heat. You’ll also want to test your iron on a scrap piece of fabric before you begin! Some fabrics are made with synthetic materials and can’t be ironed!
How to make a DIY Flannel No Sew Blanket with Heat Transfer Vinyl

Enjoy this DIY flannel no sew blanket in your home this season or make a few as presents! A throw blanket makes a great gift idea and the quick and easy customization you can do with the Cricut Explore Air 2 will make a one of a kind gift.

diy flannel blanket in front of christmas tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts!

Dr. Seuss - Red Foot, Blue Foot

                                   In this craft we are going to create our own foot book. It is an exciting craft for little ones! What you...