Monday, December 7, 2020

From Crib To Craft Desk

If you need something to occupy the kids while you clean house or just get some sit down time, this Craft desk is a perfect idea. My littles also use this desk to do homework on so it is really useful to them. In this I used my old crib but you can also use part of a wooden bunk bed or toddler bed as well as and old dresser. My littles also have more things on their desk now such as their chargers for i-pads, sketch and paint things, ect.

WE USED:

* baby cot with a removable drop side
* mdf/particle board cut to mattress size
* blackboard paint



Our drop side had already been removed so all I had to do was adjust the base to the highest newborn setting.



I cut two sheets of thick mdf to fit snugly into the mattress base to provide a table top. I deliberately chose thick strong board to strengthen the desk just in case my littles want to climb, sit or stand on it. 
The boards were painted with blackboard paint to create a chalkboard table top.



It was then easy to use hooks and suction hooks to create storage on the cot sides. I'd love to attach some small shelves for colouring books too.



The paper storage box is made from an empty muesli box, I cut the front to make the paper accessible then primed and painted it before super gluing it to a thick piece of card for extra strength.


On the left hand side we hung whiteboard using 3M removable hooks. The white shelves are a spice rack bought from the local dollar store and repainted, this is where we will store our small craft items like glue, pots, and beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts!

Dr. Seuss - Red Foot, Blue Foot

                                   In this craft we are going to create our own foot book. It is an exciting craft for little ones! What you...